09 August 2009

real myth

My mother told me once, that when she was a child my grandfather had smoked Kool cigarettes for as long as she could remember. I believe it was something he picked up fighting in Korea.

This was prior to the Surgeon General warnings and all we know about rat poison and carcinogens and whatever else is in cigarettes.

She told me that when that information was released to the public, my grandfather read it, smoked a cigarette. I may have been the last of a pack, but it was his last. He had one more cigarette and quit, just like that.

Forever.

27 years and I had never known that.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy shit. My grandpa smoked, when he found out what was in them and the effects they caused, he stopped too. People these days know but it doesn't hit them (like myself) lol.

    ReplyDelete